CRPF men who killed Kishenji to get out-of-turn promotions: DG
New Delhi: Four CRPF personnel who undertook an operation last year in West Bengal leading to the killing of top Naxal commander Kishenji will be given out-of-turn promotions.
Their promotion has been cleared by the Union Home Ministry, CRPF Director General K Vijay Kumar told reporters here today.
In a huge setback to Maoists, their top leader Kishenji alias Koteshwar Rao (58) was killed in November last year in a gun-battle with security forces in a forest in West Midnapore district of West Bengal.
Two young CRPF officers - Assistant Commandants Vinoj P Joseph and Nagendra Singh, both officers of CRPF`s CoBRA battalion, - have been awarded the highest peace time gallantry medal, Shaurya Chakra, for undertaking the operation.
Shaurya Chakra is usually awarded to army personnel but for the last few years CRPF personnel have also been given the military honour for their daredevilry in anti-Naxal and jungle warfare duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'