CRPF revamps operational strategies after Dantewada massacre
New Delhi: Major changes in CRPF`s operational strategies are underway following the recent setback against Naxals, especially in Dantewada where it lost over 75 personnel.
The post of CRPF Inspector General of Police (Operations) is likely to be created in every state where the force is deployed for anti-Naxal operations, official sources
The most crucial states of Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh may be the first to get the new IGP, who will exclusively oversee operations and will not do any administrative work.
Such a set-up currently exists in militancy-hit Jammu and Kashmir.
The sources said a need was felt to have a specialised person heading the anti-Naxal operations in each states besides the one at the headquarters.
The Home Ministry will have to create the additional posts before the names are finalised, sources said.
Shuffling of certain officers is likely to take place soon, sources said.
Also on the anvil is a process for greater coordination between the central and state police forces, a need for which was also mentioned by N Rammohan, the former BSF chief who led a one-man enquiry into the Dantewada massacre.
Sources said fresh strategies are being planned out and efforts are on to understand and replicate the successes achieved by security forces in Gadchiroli in Maharashtra. The forces there have been able to regain control of most areas from Naxals.
Emphasis is also being given to proper training. While
earlier, all battalions inducted in Naxal areas post August
2009 were been given training by the army, sources said those
who were posted earlier could also be given the same now at
the counter insurgency and jungle warfare schools of the force
and the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...