CRPF to get special duty allowances: Sushilkumar Shinde
Gurgaon: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Tuesday assured CRPF jawans and officers that they will get special allowances for rendering hard duties in anti-Naxal and counter-insurgency operations.
Shinde, who was chief guest at the CRPF Raising Day function at its garrison here, said the Central Reserve Police Force is an exclusive unit and special care of its troopers would be taken, as every time there is trouble in any part of the country, the force is deployed.
"Your demand for special allowances will be met soon. Some proposals in this regard have been sent to the Home Ministry by your force headquarters. I will see to it that all your problems are addressed as CRPF is a special force and every time there is some trouble in the country, everyone wants your force to be deployed," Shinde said.
"Last time when I met you, I had announced that ex-paramilitary categorisation will be accorded for you and we will ensure that you and your families get all benefits under this class," he said.
The Home Minister also urged the force to use modern technology in its future operations.
Shinde said he had full faith in the capabilities of the force which is deployed for a variety of internal security duties including tackling the Naxal movement.
The CRPF was raised in 1939 and at present it has close to three lakh personnel in its ranks.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- China sends advanced warships to contested S China Sea
- China sends advanced warships to contested south China Sea
- Gautam Khaitan admits to setting up firm through which Agusta bribe money was routed: Sources
- UK bows to pressure, will accept Syrian children from Europe
- US presidential election takes shape; Trump, Clinton look all set for final battle