CRPF to get special duty allowances: Sushilkumar Shinde
Gurgaon: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Tuesday assured CRPF jawans and officers that they will get special allowances for rendering hard duties in anti-Naxal and counter-insurgency operations.
Shinde, who was chief guest at the CRPF Raising Day function at its garrison here, said the Central Reserve Police Force is an exclusive unit and special care of its troopers would be taken, as every time there is trouble in any part of the country, the force is deployed.
"Your demand for special allowances will be met soon. Some proposals in this regard have been sent to the Home Ministry by your force headquarters. I will see to it that all your problems are addressed as CRPF is a special force and every time there is some trouble in the country, everyone wants your force to be deployed," Shinde said.
"Last time when I met you, I had announced that ex-paramilitary categorisation will be accorded for you and we will ensure that you and your families get all benefits under this class," he said.
The Home Minister also urged the force to use modern technology in its future operations.
Shinde said he had full faith in the capabilities of the force which is deployed for a variety of internal security duties including tackling the Naxal movement.
The CRPF was raised in 1939 and at present it has close to three lakh personnel in its ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department