CRPF to recruit 3,000 men, women from Naxal-affected states
New Delhi: A big recruitment drive will be launched by CRPF in states hit by Naxalism to induct close to 3,000 locals as constables in the force.
The recruitment rallies will begin in the middle of April and will be finished by May, a senior officer in the paramilitary said.
The recruitment drive is being specially conducted by the force in the area of its operations as the central government has planned to fill a substantial chunk (30 percent) of total hiring in constabulary from the local areas.
The recruitment rallies will be held in states like Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and West Bengal.
Hiring of locals in forces like CRPF will bring the young people of the area in the mainstream and also help the security forces befriending locals, the officer said.
Similar drives will also be held in Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states but for CRPF the focus is Naxal violence hit areas, the officer added.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is the country`s largest paramilitary force with close to three lakh men and women in its ranks.
More than 80,000 personnel of the force are deployed exclusively for anti-Maoist operations in the Left Wing Extremism affected states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez