CRPF to recruit 3,000 men, women from Naxal-affected states
New Delhi: A big recruitment drive will be launched by CRPF in states hit by Naxalism to induct close to 3,000 locals as constables in the force.
The recruitment rallies will begin in the middle of April and will be finished by May, a senior officer in the paramilitary said.
The recruitment drive is being specially conducted by the force in the area of its operations as the central government has planned to fill a substantial chunk (30 percent) of total hiring in constabulary from the local areas.
The recruitment rallies will be held in states like Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and West Bengal.
Hiring of locals in forces like CRPF will bring the young people of the area in the mainstream and also help the security forces befriending locals, the officer said.
Similar drives will also be held in Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states but for CRPF the focus is Naxal violence hit areas, the officer added.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is the country`s largest paramilitary force with close to three lakh men and women in its ranks.
More than 80,000 personnel of the force are deployed exclusively for anti-Maoist operations in the Left Wing Extremism affected states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- South China Sea critical to US national security: White House