CRPF trooper seen pleading for help is alive and is not DC Inderjit Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Patna/Ranchi: In a surprising turn of events, the CRPF trooper who was injured in a landmine blast in Bihar’s Aurangabad district and seen on TV pleading for his life, is alive.
The man is question has turned out to be CRPF jawan Dilip who is undergoing treatment at a Patna hospital.
CRPF Deputy Commandant Inderjit Singh, who was earlier taken as the man pleading to be saved, had died when the landmine planted by Maoists in Bihar’s Aurangabad district went off while being defused.
“The trooper shown on TV channels is our jawan Dilip who is admitted to a hospital in Patna and is alive but injured. Sadly, our DC Inderjit has succumbed to his injuries in the attack,” CRPF Chief Dilip Trivedi said.
The Director General said he was surprised to see the “misrepresentation of facts” by saying that the person on TV was the DC.
Both Dilip and Inderjit were part of a team that was carrying out search operations in Dibra area of Aurangabad district of Bihar - polling on April 10. The Maoists have called for boycott of the elections.
The team found improvised explosive devices (IEDs) on Banua-Jharna road. On realising that it would be sometime before the bomb disposal squad could arrive at the scene, the team began to defused it when the landmine exploded.
Later a video of jawan Dilip making heart wrenching pleas to be be saved started to appear on news channels.
“I will die, no doctor has come to help me in the last two hours...no helicopter has come. I will die, I have little children, save me. President, Prime Minister, Home Minister, DGP please save me, I have two little children, I will die...blood is oozing out of my body, please take me to a doctor,” Singh says to one and all to hurry in getting him medical help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it