CRPF wives raised Rs 87 lakh from `mela` organised in Delhi
New Delhi: Wives of CRPF troops did a business worth Rs 87 lakh after they organised a three-day `mela` of handmade artifacts and other designer products in the national capital.
The `mela` organised under the umbrella of CRPF wives welfare association is conducted to enable the wives of the troopers to productively engage themselves in activities related to self-employment.
The `mela`, which was lapped up by Delhiites, saw a variety of items and designer products being brought from the country-wide formations of the paramilitary which is engaged in anti-Naxal operations and other internal security duties.
"The mela made a profit of Rs 6,34,000 which was double than last year`s figure. The funds generated will be used for the welfare of the families of martyr or disabled troops," a senior CRPF official said.
The total business was worth Rs 86,80,000, the official said. The exhibition came to an end today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical