CRS to conduct inquiry; 2 special trains to rush
New Delhi: Railways will run two special
trains for carrying relatives and friends of Howrah-Kalka Mail
accident victims to the site of the mishap near Malwa station
in Uttar Pradesh.
A special train will run from Howrah to Fatepur and
another will start from Delhi to Kanpur for carrying relatives
and friends of accident victims to the site," said
Chandralekha Mukherjee, Railways Executive Director
(Information & Publicity) here on Sunday.
The train will start at 7.30 pm from Howrah and Delhi
Asked about the possible reason of the accident,
Mukherjee said, "It has not been ascertained yet. Commissioner
Railway Safety PK Vajpayee has been asked to conduct the
inquiry to find out the reason," she said.
Railway Board Chairman Vinay Mittal along with senior
railway officials have reached the spot to expedite the resuce
and relief operations.
Helpline services have also been launched at Delhi
(23962389, 23967332), Allahabad (05322407352, 05322408128)
Fathepur (05180222025, 05180222026) Kanpur (05122323015,
05122323016) and Khurja (05738253084) for giving details of
the relief and rescue operations.
At least 35 people were killed and over 200 injured when
15 bogies of a speeding Delhi-bound Kalka Mail derailed near
Malwa station in UP today in the worst train accident this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16