CRS to conduct inquiry; 2 special trains to rush
New Delhi: Railways will run two special
trains for carrying relatives and friends of Howrah-Kalka Mail
accident victims to the site of the mishap near Malwa station
in Uttar Pradesh.
A special train will run from Howrah to Fatepur and
another will start from Delhi to Kanpur for carrying relatives
and friends of accident victims to the site," said
Chandralekha Mukherjee, Railways Executive Director
(Information & Publicity) here on Sunday.
The train will start at 7.30 pm from Howrah and Delhi
Asked about the possible reason of the accident,
Mukherjee said, "It has not been ascertained yet. Commissioner
Railway Safety PK Vajpayee has been asked to conduct the
inquiry to find out the reason," she said.
Railway Board Chairman Vinay Mittal along with senior
railway officials have reached the spot to expedite the resuce
and relief operations.
Helpline services have also been launched at Delhi
(23962389, 23967332), Allahabad (05322407352, 05322408128)
Fathepur (05180222025, 05180222026) Kanpur (05122323015,
05122323016) and Khurja (05738253084) for giving details of
the relief and rescue operations.
At least 35 people were killed and over 200 injured when
15 bogies of a speeding Delhi-bound Kalka Mail derailed near
Malwa station in UP today in the worst train accident this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing