Crucial meet of GoM on Telangana formation today
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: The Group of Ministers (GoM), set up to look into the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, will meet on Thursday over the preparation of the Telangana Bill.
Headed by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, the GoM is expected to analyse the feedback from 11 ministries on the issues such as sharing of river water, power, distribution of assets and demarcating of boundaries.
The GoM is also expected to finalise the roadmap to ensure the smooth transition from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana and the residual state with Hyderabad as the joint capital for 10 years.
Following today’s meeting; the union home ministry will hold discussions with political parties from Andhra Pradesh on Nov 12-13. The panel is expected to submit its final report by Nov 15, reports said.
Shinde had earlier said that the panel will submit its report to the Union Cabinet before the Winter Session of Parliament. He, however, had refused to divulge anything on the timeframe by which Telanagana will come into existence.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Defence Minister AK Antony, Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh are the other members of the GoM.
Minister of State for Personnel and Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy is a special invitee to the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply