Crucial meet of GoM on Telangana formation today
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: The Group of Ministers (GoM), set up to look into the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, will meet on Thursday over the preparation of the Telangana Bill.
Headed by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, the GoM is expected to analyse the feedback from 11 ministries on the issues such as sharing of river water, power, distribution of assets and demarcating of boundaries.
The GoM is also expected to finalise the roadmap to ensure the smooth transition from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana and the residual state with Hyderabad as the joint capital for 10 years.
Following today’s meeting; the union home ministry will hold discussions with political parties from Andhra Pradesh on Nov 12-13. The panel is expected to submit its final report by Nov 15, reports said.
Shinde had earlier said that the panel will submit its report to the Union Cabinet before the Winter Session of Parliament. He, however, had refused to divulge anything on the timeframe by which Telanagana will come into existence.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Defence Minister AK Antony, Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh are the other members of the GoM.
Minister of State for Personnel and Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy is a special invitee to the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi