Crucial meet of GoM on Telangana formation today
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: The Group of Ministers (GoM), set up to look into the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, will meet on Thursday over the preparation of the Telangana Bill.
Headed by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, the GoM is expected to analyse the feedback from 11 ministries on the issues such as sharing of river water, power, distribution of assets and demarcating of boundaries.
The GoM is also expected to finalise the roadmap to ensure the smooth transition from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana and the residual state with Hyderabad as the joint capital for 10 years.
Following today’s meeting; the union home ministry will hold discussions with political parties from Andhra Pradesh on Nov 12-13. The panel is expected to submit its final report by Nov 15, reports said.
Shinde had earlier said that the panel will submit its report to the Union Cabinet before the Winter Session of Parliament. He, however, had refused to divulge anything on the timeframe by which Telanagana will come into existence.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Defence Minister AK Antony, Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister M Veerappa Moily and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh are the other members of the GoM.
Minister of State for Personnel and Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy is a special invitee to the panel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read