Crucial SC hearings on CVC, black money & Shah`s bail on Thursday
New Delhi: All eyes will be on the Supreme Court tomorrow which will hold crucial hearings on the fate of controversial CVC P J Thomas, the issue of black money stashed in foreign banks and bail of former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah.
The three high stake politically sensitive matters assume importance as the apex court has asked government to answer several searching questions on the appointment of Thomas as CVC while he was facing corruption charges in Kerala and its reluctance to disclose the names of the Indians who have deposited black money in banks abroad.
The CBI also faces an uphill task to convince the apex court to cancel the bail granted by the Gujarat High Court to Shah, who has been chargesheeted in the Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
The hearing on the issue of black money will take place in the backdrop of the stand of the government which has ruled out disclosure of names of such account holders despite the apex court pulling up the Centre for its position of not making the names public.
The government has also stuck to its stand on the issue of CVC leaving it for the apex court to decide the fate of Thomas whose continuance in the top post was questioned by the judges earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?