Cultural affinity between India, Kazakhstan: PM
Astana: Relations between India and Kazakhstan date back to antiquity and there is shared cultural affinity between the people of the two countries, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said here on Saturday.
"The Great Silk Route bound our countries together through the exchange of knowledge and ideas. There is shared cultural affinity between our peoples," Manmohan Singh said in his toast during a luncheon hosted by Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev.
"In more recent times, Kazakhstan was one of the first Central Asian states with which India established diplomatic relations. Today, our two countries enjoy a multi-faceted, vibrant strategic partnership," the Prime Minister said.
Welcoming Nazarbayev`s re-election as the President, he said his visit to India in 2009 laid the basis for the development of a strategic bilateral partnership.
"I am convinced that a strong partnership between India and Kazakhstan will contribute to peace, stability and development in Central Asia and beyond." he said.
The Prime Minister also welcomed the agreements signed between the two countries in various fields, including civil nuclear energy, oil, agriculture, cyber security and healthcare.
The Prime Minister arrived here on Friday for his maiden two-day visit after a three-day trip to China during which he attended the 3rd BRICS summit and also held bilateral talks with the presidents of Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`