Curfew in Saharanpur to be relaxed for 5 hours tomorrow
Saharanpur: Curfew in the communal violence-hit Saharanpur will be relaxed for five hours tomorrow, a senior district official said here today.
Curfew will be eased from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm in the new city, Saharanpur District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari said, adding that it will be from 2 pm to 7 pm in old city areas.
Today the curfew was relaxed for four hours and the relaxation period passed off peacefully.
She further said that if the situation remains calm then the curfew might be released from 7 am to 5 pm on Thursday.
Curfew was clamped on Saturday in the wake of clashes between two communities over a land dispute in which three persons were killed and 34 injured. 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence, Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh