Curfew in Saharanpur to be relaxed for 5 hours tomorrow
Saharanpur: Curfew in the communal violence-hit Saharanpur will be relaxed for five hours tomorrow, a senior district official said here today.
Curfew will be eased from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm in the new city, Saharanpur District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari said, adding that it will be from 2 pm to 7 pm in old city areas.
Today the curfew was relaxed for four hours and the relaxation period passed off peacefully.
She further said that if the situation remains calm then the curfew might be released from 7 am to 5 pm on Thursday.
Curfew was clamped on Saturday in the wake of clashes between two communities over a land dispute in which three persons were killed and 34 injured. 165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence, Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere