Current security scenario like volcano: IAF chief
Hindon: IAF chief P V Naik on Friday
described the current security scenario in India`s
neighbourhood as a "volcano" that may erupt anytime and asked
the air warriors to be prepared to meet both internal and
"Current security scenario is like a volcano and may test
your skills anytime without warning. These times require swift
action," Naik said addressing the Air Force Day parade here.
The Air Chief Marshal said that operational preparedness
was the key to meet the complex and intensive threat with
"speed of response, flexibility and precision".
Noting that the Air Force would turn itself into a potent
aerospace power within the next five to seven years, he said
the future inductions such as the 126 MMRCA, flight refuelling
aircraft, AWACS and other platforms would pose technological
challenges that need to be met by imbibing new skills.
Pointing out that the new communication network, ASNET,
had changed the way the Air Force conducts its operations,
Naik said the Air Force was moving quickly to become a network
centric aerospace power.
"We have the responsibility to absorb the new technology
and operate all systems effectively to secure, protect and to
preserve Air Force`s ground and air assets with diligence and
utmost prudence," Naik said.
Later, interacting with the media, Naik said he had
described the security situation as "volcanic" because it was
not known when it would erupt.
On modernisation and new acquisitions, the Air Force
Chief said that the MMRCA and fifth generation fighter
aircraft (FGFA) that would join the fleet in the next decade,
would help the IAF meet the national aspirations.
Asked about the FGFA, Naik said he expected it to be
inducted in the Air Force by 2017 and equated it with the F-22
Raptor of the US Air Force which is already operational.
"I wish I could join the Air Force again to fly these
modern aircraft," added Naik, who will reach superannuation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off