Current security scenario like volcano: IAF chief
Hindon: IAF chief P V Naik on Friday
described the current security scenario in India`s
neighbourhood as a "volcano" that may erupt anytime and asked
the air warriors to be prepared to meet both internal and
"Current security scenario is like a volcano and may test
your skills anytime without warning. These times require swift
action," Naik said addressing the Air Force Day parade here.
The Air Chief Marshal said that operational preparedness
was the key to meet the complex and intensive threat with
"speed of response, flexibility and precision".
Noting that the Air Force would turn itself into a potent
aerospace power within the next five to seven years, he said
the future inductions such as the 126 MMRCA, flight refuelling
aircraft, AWACS and other platforms would pose technological
challenges that need to be met by imbibing new skills.
Pointing out that the new communication network, ASNET,
had changed the way the Air Force conducts its operations,
Naik said the Air Force was moving quickly to become a network
centric aerospace power.
"We have the responsibility to absorb the new technology
and operate all systems effectively to secure, protect and to
preserve Air Force`s ground and air assets with diligence and
utmost prudence," Naik said.
Later, interacting with the media, Naik said he had
described the security situation as "volcanic" because it was
not known when it would erupt.
On modernisation and new acquisitions, the Air Force
Chief said that the MMRCA and fifth generation fighter
aircraft (FGFA) that would join the fleet in the next decade,
would help the IAF meet the national aspirations.
Asked about the FGFA, Naik said he expected it to be
inducted in the Air Force by 2017 and equated it with the F-22
Raptor of the US Air Force which is already operational.
"I wish I could join the Air Force again to fly these
modern aircraft," added Naik, who will reach superannuation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof