Current security scenario like volcano: IAF chief
Hindon: IAF chief P V Naik on Friday
described the current security scenario in India`s
neighbourhood as a "volcano" that may erupt anytime and asked
the air warriors to be prepared to meet both internal and
"Current security scenario is like a volcano and may test
your skills anytime without warning. These times require swift
action," Naik said addressing the Air Force Day parade here.
The Air Chief Marshal said that operational preparedness
was the key to meet the complex and intensive threat with
"speed of response, flexibility and precision".
Noting that the Air Force would turn itself into a potent
aerospace power within the next five to seven years, he said
the future inductions such as the 126 MMRCA, flight refuelling
aircraft, AWACS and other platforms would pose technological
challenges that need to be met by imbibing new skills.
Pointing out that the new communication network, ASNET,
had changed the way the Air Force conducts its operations,
Naik said the Air Force was moving quickly to become a network
centric aerospace power.
"We have the responsibility to absorb the new technology
and operate all systems effectively to secure, protect and to
preserve Air Force`s ground and air assets with diligence and
utmost prudence," Naik said.
Later, interacting with the media, Naik said he had
described the security situation as "volcanic" because it was
not known when it would erupt.
On modernisation and new acquisitions, the Air Force
Chief said that the MMRCA and fifth generation fighter
aircraft (FGFA) that would join the fleet in the next decade,
would help the IAF meet the national aspirations.
Asked about the FGFA, Naik said he expected it to be
inducted in the Air Force by 2017 and equated it with the F-22
Raptor of the US Air Force which is already operational.
"I wish I could join the Air Force again to fly these
modern aircraft," added Naik, who will reach superannuation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- As Virat Kohli and co prepare for WI tour, MS Dhoni enjoys bike ride in Ranchi rain
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much