Customs detains 4 Jet crew at Heathrow airport
New Delhi: Four cabin crew members of Jet Airways were detained by customs authorities at the London Heathrow airport earlier this month on charges of carrying cigarettes in excess of what is allowed.
In the incident which occurred about a fortnight ago, the four crew members were detained and released subsequently. Following this, they were taken off flying duty by the airline which has since launched an enquiry into the incident, sources said on Monday.
Under the British customs rules, an air traveller is allowed to carry a maximum of 200 sticks of cigarettes.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said "a full-fledged investigation has ensued, based on specific inputs from concerned departments and agencies" and warned of "severe disciplinary action" in case the employees violated their code of conduct.
She said the airline as a policy has included the guidelines in the Cabin Crew Line Operations Manual, which has to be strictly adhered to by all its staff.
"All airline staff are required to comply with company`s rules and regulations and with the customs and security laws of the countries that Jet Airways flies to," the spokesperson added.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Pakistan has received Letters Rogatory in Pathankot case: Minister
- Interlinking rivers only solution to drought: Government
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore