Cut bilateral ties with Pakistan: Togadia
Agartala: Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday demanded snapping all kinds of bilateral relations with Pakistan in view of killing of two Indian soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir by the neighbouring country.
"Pakistan is responsible for Mumbai attack and our Parliament attack and their soldiers have recently attacked our soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir. We demand all kinds of bilateral and trade relations with Pakistan be snapped", Praveen Togadia, International Working President of VHP said.
"It is a deliberate attack. India should stop all kinds of business and trade and cricket match with the country," he said.
Togadia, who came here on an organisational work on Thursday, also demanded adequate measures to protect culture and customs of the 19 tribes in Tripura.
"I am aware that some quarters including armed terrorists were threatening of dire consequences if they perform Ker Puja, a traditional worship of the tribals and also of performing Durga puja.
The government here should take stern action who were threatening the tribals of performing their traditional pujas and customs," he said.
Togadia also alleged that forcible conversion of tribals in the north eastern region was going on which should immediately be stopped.
"Conversion in any form is illegal and unconstitutional and the Supreme Court in a verdict in 1977 stated that conversion is illegal.
So, we demand stern action against any attempt of conversion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range