Cut bilateral ties with Pakistan: Togadia
Agartala: Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday demanded snapping all kinds of bilateral relations with Pakistan in view of killing of two Indian soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir by the neighbouring country.
"Pakistan is responsible for Mumbai attack and our Parliament attack and their soldiers have recently attacked our soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir. We demand all kinds of bilateral and trade relations with Pakistan be snapped", Praveen Togadia, International Working President of VHP said.
"It is a deliberate attack. India should stop all kinds of business and trade and cricket match with the country," he said.
Togadia, who came here on an organisational work on Thursday, also demanded adequate measures to protect culture and customs of the 19 tribes in Tripura.
"I am aware that some quarters including armed terrorists were threatening of dire consequences if they perform Ker Puja, a traditional worship of the tribals and also of performing Durga puja.
The government here should take stern action who were threatening the tribals of performing their traditional pujas and customs," he said.
Togadia also alleged that forcible conversion of tribals in the north eastern region was going on which should immediately be stopped.
"Conversion in any form is illegal and unconstitutional and the Supreme Court in a verdict in 1977 stated that conversion is illegal.
So, we demand stern action against any attempt of conversion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks