Cut bilateral ties with Pakistan: Togadia
Agartala: Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday demanded snapping all kinds of bilateral relations with Pakistan in view of killing of two Indian soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir by the neighbouring country.
"Pakistan is responsible for Mumbai attack and our Parliament attack and their soldiers have recently attacked our soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir. We demand all kinds of bilateral and trade relations with Pakistan be snapped", Praveen Togadia, International Working President of VHP said.
"It is a deliberate attack. India should stop all kinds of business and trade and cricket match with the country," he said.
Togadia, who came here on an organisational work on Thursday, also demanded adequate measures to protect culture and customs of the 19 tribes in Tripura.
"I am aware that some quarters including armed terrorists were threatening of dire consequences if they perform Ker Puja, a traditional worship of the tribals and also of performing Durga puja.
The government here should take stern action who were threatening the tribals of performing their traditional pujas and customs," he said.
Togadia also alleged that forcible conversion of tribals in the north eastern region was going on which should immediately be stopped.
"Conversion in any form is illegal and unconstitutional and the Supreme Court in a verdict in 1977 stated that conversion is illegal.
So, we demand stern action against any attempt of conversion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!
- Pakistan to host West Indies for pink ball Test in UAE