Cut bilateral ties with Pakistan: Togadia
Agartala: Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Saturday demanded snapping all kinds of bilateral relations with Pakistan in view of killing of two Indian soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir by the neighbouring country.
"Pakistan is responsible for Mumbai attack and our Parliament attack and their soldiers have recently attacked our soldiers at the Line of Control in Kashmir. We demand all kinds of bilateral and trade relations with Pakistan be snapped", Praveen Togadia, International Working President of VHP said.
"It is a deliberate attack. India should stop all kinds of business and trade and cricket match with the country," he said.
Togadia, who came here on an organisational work on Thursday, also demanded adequate measures to protect culture and customs of the 19 tribes in Tripura.
"I am aware that some quarters including armed terrorists were threatening of dire consequences if they perform Ker Puja, a traditional worship of the tribals and also of performing Durga puja.
The government here should take stern action who were threatening the tribals of performing their traditional pujas and customs," he said.
Togadia also alleged that forcible conversion of tribals in the north eastern region was going on which should immediately be stopped.
"Conversion in any form is illegal and unconstitutional and the Supreme Court in a verdict in 1977 stated that conversion is illegal.
So, we demand stern action against any attempt of conversion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27