CVC awaits sanction to prosecute 38 govt officials for graft
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission is awaiting sanction for prosecution against 38 officials working in different central government departments for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of the total 19 cases involving these officials till September this year, a maximum of five are pending in Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, three in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and two each in Finance and Defence Ministries among others.
Besides, one each is pending in Ministry of Coal, Railway Ministry, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA), Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Syndicate Bank and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), statistice from CVC said.
Sanction for prosecution has to be decided within four months by concerned ministries as per norms.
CVC officials said the ministries have been reminded to expedite cases pending decisions on granting sanction for prosecution.
A list carrying name and designation of these officials has also been put up on the CVC`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP leaders defend Bhagwant Mann, say similar videos available on Lok Sabha website
- UNBELIEVABLE! 4-year-old boy selected to play for U-12 cricket team
- Cristiano Ronaldo might win the Ballon d'Or but Lionel Messi is the best: Luis Suarez
- Rape was there since earth's creation: Haryana BJP women's cell chief
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened