CVC awaits sanction to prosecute 38 govt officials for graft
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission is awaiting sanction for prosecution against 38 officials working in different central government departments for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of the total 19 cases involving these officials till September this year, a maximum of five are pending in Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, three in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and two each in Finance and Defence Ministries among others.
Besides, one each is pending in Ministry of Coal, Railway Ministry, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA), Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Syndicate Bank and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), statistice from CVC said.
Sanction for prosecution has to be decided within four months by concerned ministries as per norms.
CVC officials said the ministries have been reminded to expedite cases pending decisions on granting sanction for prosecution.
A list carrying name and designation of these officials has also been put up on the CVC`s website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city