CVC direction on fast tracking of corruption cases
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission on Friday decided do away with second stage consultation, a process of taking advice before imposing punishment on a corrupt official, and directed all enquiries should be done at one go.
The Commission is being consulted at two stages in vigilance cases or disciplinary proceedings -- first advice is obtained on the investigation reports and then advice is obtained before a final decision is taken at the conclusion of the proceedings.
At present, both the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and CVC were being consulted for second stage advice.
"In order to ensure speedy finalisation of disciplinary matters and to avoid possibilities of difference of opinion between UPSC and CVC, it has been decided as a policy to prescribe only one consultation (either with UPSC or with CVC)," an official order issued today said.
The Commission therefore, in supersession of all its existing instructions prescribes that in disciplinary cases involving Group A officers of the central government and members of All India Services (IAS, IPS and IFS), the UPSC is required to be consulted.
The CVC need not be consulted for second stage advice on conclusion of the disciplinary proceedings, it said.
"However, in disciplinary cases wherein, the disciplinary authorities tentatively propose not to impose any of the statutory penalties at the conclusion of the disciplinary proceedings, (i.E cases where the UPSC are not required to be consulted), the second stage consultation would continue to be made with the Central Vigilance Commission," the order said.
The directive, however, will not be applicable to the disciplinary cases being referred to the Commission involving officials of the central public sector undertakings, public sector banks, public sector insurance companies, societies, local authorities and autonomous organisations and such cases would continue to be referred to the Commission for its second stage advice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30