CVC for anti-corruption classes in professional institutes
New Delhi: Concerned over instances of large-scale corporate frauds, the Central Vigilance Commission is considering to recommend classes on corporate ethics and anti-corruption measures in professional and technical institutes including business schools.
The anti-corruption watchdog has emphasised upon the need of such programmes in various in-house discussions and seminars to make young entrepreneurs aware of the menace of corruption in corporate world.
"The Commission strongly favours lessons on ethics and anti-corruption in colleges and universities providing professional and technical education, including business and computer sciences. The Commission will make a plan for it," a CVC official said.
He said youngsters in colleges must be made aware on the menace of corruption while they are being trained for professional world.
"It will help in maintaining corporate India more responsible and deter an individual to indulge in unethical practices like bribery," the official said.
The probity watchdog has already recommended anti-graft lessons for children in schools.
Of late, the Commission has noticed many instances where private firm officials were either bribing or abetting government officials to misuse their official positions for benefiting them.
"While, there are laid down rules to punish a dishonest government servant, private workers on the other hand don`t have any supervision to check their involvement in corrupt practices. The Commission feels that making youngsters in colleges aware on the menace of corruption will help in tackling the problem to a great extent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre