CVC for anti-corruption classes in professional institutes
New Delhi: Concerned over instances of large-scale corporate frauds, the Central Vigilance Commission is considering to recommend classes on corporate ethics and anti-corruption measures in professional and technical institutes including business schools.
The anti-corruption watchdog has emphasised upon the need of such programmes in various in-house discussions and seminars to make young entrepreneurs aware of the menace of corruption in corporate world.
"The Commission strongly favours lessons on ethics and anti-corruption in colleges and universities providing professional and technical education, including business and computer sciences. The Commission will make a plan for it," a CVC official said.
He said youngsters in colleges must be made aware on the menace of corruption while they are being trained for professional world.
"It will help in maintaining corporate India more responsible and deter an individual to indulge in unethical practices like bribery," the official said.
The probity watchdog has already recommended anti-graft lessons for children in schools.
Of late, the Commission has noticed many instances where private firm officials were either bribing or abetting government officials to misuse their official positions for benefiting them.
"While, there are laid down rules to punish a dishonest government servant, private workers on the other hand don`t have any supervision to check their involvement in corrupt practices. The Commission feels that making youngsters in colleges aware on the menace of corruption will help in tackling the problem to a great extent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth