CVC for strict action on tax evasions, black money
The Central Vigilance Commission has called for improved governance to end corruption and taking strict action to check tax evasion and black money.
"Improved governance in the form of eliminating corruption by strict action in respect of tax evasions and black market economy, as well as increased transparency in public procurements is very necessary," the CVC said.
Asserting that governance is exercise of economic, political and administrative authority to manage a country`s affairs at all levels, it said enforcing accountability along with addressing bureaucratic delays and effective public grievance redressal mechanism is the way forward.
The probity watchdog also emphasised on leveraging technology to check corruption.
"Experience has shown that increase in transparency, competition and leveraging of technology lead to decline in corruption. There is a need to institutionalise best practices and sustained efforts are required to identify and document such practices," the CVC said in its message to all central government ministries and departments, autonomous bodies, Comptroller and Auditor General and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), among others.
The Commission has been advocating transparency, equity, fairness and encouraging competitiveness as well as leveraging of technology in all areas of functioning of the government and its organisations.
"Promoting good governance is, therefore, the focus of the vigilance awareness campaign this year," it said.
The CVC asked all departments to sensitise employees and people at large about the need for enforcing vigilance mechanism and promoting good practices.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference