CVC for strict action on tax evasions, black money
The Central Vigilance Commission has called for improved governance to end corruption and taking strict action to check tax evasion and black money.
"Improved governance in the form of eliminating corruption by strict action in respect of tax evasions and black market economy, as well as increased transparency in public procurements is very necessary," the CVC said.
Asserting that governance is exercise of economic, political and administrative authority to manage a country`s affairs at all levels, it said enforcing accountability along with addressing bureaucratic delays and effective public grievance redressal mechanism is the way forward.
The probity watchdog also emphasised on leveraging technology to check corruption.
"Experience has shown that increase in transparency, competition and leveraging of technology lead to decline in corruption. There is a need to institutionalise best practices and sustained efforts are required to identify and document such practices," the CVC said in its message to all central government ministries and departments, autonomous bodies, Comptroller and Auditor General and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), among others.
The Commission has been advocating transparency, equity, fairness and encouraging competitiveness as well as leveraging of technology in all areas of functioning of the government and its organisations.
"Promoting good governance is, therefore, the focus of the vigilance awareness campaign this year," it said.
The CVC asked all departments to sensitise employees and people at large about the need for enforcing vigilance mechanism and promoting good practices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why