CVC launches website for reporting corruption cases
New Delhi: In a unique move, the Central
Vigilance Commission Thursday launched an exclusive website for
people to upload videos, audios and lodge complaints exposing
acts of corruption in government departments.
According to an anti-corruption watchdog official,
Vig-Eye (an acronym for vigilance eye), provides a more
user-friendly platform for interface between the CVC and the
citizens who may have suffered at the hands of corrupt
officials and who want to disclose information about such
"The advantage of Vig-Eye includes simplified process of
filing complaints and it will provide authentic identity of
the complainant. Vig-Eye would be completely digitised and it
will give online access to vigilance information," Central
Vigilance Commission P J Thomas said while inaugurating the
"Efforts at modernising the vigilance framework are
underway which include development of new models of preventive
vigilance, adoption of risk management approach and aligning
the vigilance function with the corporate governance
framework," he said.
The CVC said that preventive and punitive approaches to
addressing corruption need to complement each other. The
Commission has adopted a strategy of leveraging technology
and has been persuading the government to adopt e-governance
"The aim is to use technology in activities vulnerable to
corruption in order to reduce human intervention," he said.
Thomas said that the Commission has undertaken a campaign
aimed at creating awareness about corruption and inculcating
ethics on good governance. The campaign would help reduce
people`s tolerance for corruption.
The Commission has also recommended to the government to
include ethics education in the school curriculum, Thomas
Thomas was speaking during a seminar `Empowering citizens
to combat corruption` organised at Vigyan Bhawan here on
International Anti-Corruption Day. The seminar was aimed at
deliberating and recommending proactive and participative
measures to combat corruption.
Introducing the Vig-Eye, Vigilance Commissioner Srikumar
said that it will help build up the vision of proactive and
The VC said that people can use mobile phones and web
based technologies to lodge complaints or grievances using
mobile phones with a software application specially designed
to file complaints.
People can visit CVC`s website (www.cvc.nic.in) to access
or get more information on Vig-Eye.
The CVC acts as an apex anti-corruption statutory body
mandated to fight corruption and ensuring probity in public
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video