CVC launches website for reporting corruption cases
New Delhi: In a unique move, the Central
Vigilance Commission Thursday launched an exclusive website for
people to upload videos, audios and lodge complaints exposing
acts of corruption in government departments.
According to an anti-corruption watchdog official,
Vig-Eye (an acronym for vigilance eye), provides a more
user-friendly platform for interface between the CVC and the
citizens who may have suffered at the hands of corrupt
officials and who want to disclose information about such
"The advantage of Vig-Eye includes simplified process of
filing complaints and it will provide authentic identity of
the complainant. Vig-Eye would be completely digitised and it
will give online access to vigilance information," Central
Vigilance Commission P J Thomas said while inaugurating the
"Efforts at modernising the vigilance framework are
underway which include development of new models of preventive
vigilance, adoption of risk management approach and aligning
the vigilance function with the corporate governance
framework," he said.
The CVC said that preventive and punitive approaches to
addressing corruption need to complement each other. The
Commission has adopted a strategy of leveraging technology
and has been persuading the government to adopt e-governance
"The aim is to use technology in activities vulnerable to
corruption in order to reduce human intervention," he said.
Thomas said that the Commission has undertaken a campaign
aimed at creating awareness about corruption and inculcating
ethics on good governance. The campaign would help reduce
people`s tolerance for corruption.
The Commission has also recommended to the government to
include ethics education in the school curriculum, Thomas
Thomas was speaking during a seminar `Empowering citizens
to combat corruption` organised at Vigyan Bhawan here on
International Anti-Corruption Day. The seminar was aimed at
deliberating and recommending proactive and participative
measures to combat corruption.
Introducing the Vig-Eye, Vigilance Commissioner Srikumar
said that it will help build up the vision of proactive and
The VC said that people can use mobile phones and web
based technologies to lodge complaints or grievances using
mobile phones with a software application specially designed
to file complaints.
People can visit CVC`s website (www.cvc.nic.in) to access
or get more information on Vig-Eye.
The CVC acts as an apex anti-corruption statutory body
mandated to fight corruption and ensuring probity in public
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'