CVC mulls networking all anti-corruption agencies
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
is considering setting up an "apex-level" association of
various investigating and enforcement agencies like CBI and ED
to share intelligence in a better way and intensify the fight
Official sources said that the body being envisaged by
the Commission will be under the administrative control of the
CVC and coordinate with all other stakeholders.
"It can be a very useful initiative towards the fight
against corruption. The association will provide a common
forum for discussing matters of general interest, sharing of
information and intelligence and ensuring cooperation and
coordination among all anti-corruption agencies," a senior
CVC official said.
"The Commission is in the process of seeking views in
this regard from other stakeholders," he said.
The proposed body may have senior officials from
Enforcement Directorate, CBI, Income Tax department and Delhi
Police among others as its members.
"There are delays in investigation due to the involvement
of multi-jurisdiction and involvement of other government
departments. In addition, there is lack of effective
coordination among these agencies. The body, if formed,
will act as a strong deterrent against illegal practices," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?