CVC penalises 113 govt officials for alleged graft
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has recommended major penalty against 113 government officials for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of these, the highest, 22, are from Railway Ministry, 11 in Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), eight in Western Coalfields Limited and six each in Life Insurance Corporation of Limited, Indian telephone Industries Limited, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd, State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank among others, the CVC said in its monthly performance report for December 2011.
Besides, five officials working with Employees Provident Fund Organisation, four each in Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation of India Ltd (MMTC), three each in Indian Oil Corporation Limited and
Department of Agriculture and Cooperation also faced major penalty for alleged graft.
The anti-corruption watchdog has received a total of 1,746 complaints alleging corruption in several government departments during the month.
The CVC also effected recovery of Rs 14.82 crore after technical examination of public procurement including works of different government ministries. The recovery of about Rs 90 crore was made after technical examination of various work done by government departments in last year.
"The Commission is deeply concerned over continuing delay in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers (CVOs) in Syndicate Bank and Kandla Port Trust," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble