CVC penalises 116 govt employees for graft
New Delhi: As many as 116 employees working in various government organisation have been imposed penalty by the Central Vigilance Commission for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of these, a highest of 31 are working with Railways Ministry, eight with Delhi Development Authority, seven with Union Bank of India, six with Telecom Department and five each with Daman and Diu administration, State Trading Corporation of India, Punjab National Bank and Vijaya Bank among others, the CVC said in its monthly performance report for March.
Besides, four employees each working with MCD, Central Board of Excise Customs and Western Coalfields Limited, three each in State Bank of India, Canara Bank, Department of Posts and Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions were also advised penalty by the probity watchdog for their alleged involvement in graft.
The Chief Technical Examination wing of the CVC made a recovery of over Rs 3 crore during the month after examining procurement and other public works being carried out by three government departments, it said.
"Commission advised imposition of major penalty against 44 officials of various ministries, departments or organisations, which includes a Director of Sports Authority of India, a General Manager of Syndicate Bank and an Executive Engineer from MCD," the report said.
The anti-corruption watchdog has processed 3,051 complaints (including 71 of whistle blowers) during March and sought investigation or factual report in 80 complaints from the concerned ministries or departments.
"The Commission has deeply concerned over continuing delay in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers in MMTC Ltd and Tuticorin Port Trust," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Good rains to damp agricultural inflation, support Aug 9 RBI rate cut: BofA
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage
- Faint-hearted? Don't watch this spine-chilling road accident video