CVC penalises 116 govt employees for graft
New Delhi: As many as 116 employees working in various government organisation have been imposed penalty by the Central Vigilance Commission for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of these, a highest of 31 are working with Railways Ministry, eight with Delhi Development Authority, seven with Union Bank of India, six with Telecom Department and five each with Daman and Diu administration, State Trading Corporation of India, Punjab National Bank and Vijaya Bank among others, the CVC said in its monthly performance report for March.
Besides, four employees each working with MCD, Central Board of Excise Customs and Western Coalfields Limited, three each in State Bank of India, Canara Bank, Department of Posts and Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions were also advised penalty by the probity watchdog for their alleged involvement in graft.
The Chief Technical Examination wing of the CVC made a recovery of over Rs 3 crore during the month after examining procurement and other public works being carried out by three government departments, it said.
"Commission advised imposition of major penalty against 44 officials of various ministries, departments or organisations, which includes a Director of Sports Authority of India, a General Manager of Syndicate Bank and an Executive Engineer from MCD," the report said.
The anti-corruption watchdog has processed 3,051 complaints (including 71 of whistle blowers) during March and sought investigation or factual report in 80 complaints from the concerned ministries or departments.
"The Commission has deeply concerned over continuing delay in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers in MMTC Ltd and Tuticorin Port Trust," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today