CVC probing flying schools fraud
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
(CVC) is looking into alleged irregularities by some flying
schools operational across the country for violating norms and
causing a loss of about Rs 190 crore to the exchequer.
Sources said these flying schools allegedly acted as
non-profit organisations and trusts with no financial gains
and avoided payments of full fee of their operations.
They said the anti-corruption watchdog has written to
Ministry of Civil Aviation to get the matter investigated and
submit its report.
"A complaint was received late last year. The complainant
has alleged that about two dozen non-profit organisations,
societies and trusts were operating flying schools and
avoiding payment of full fee. After perusing the complaint,
the Commission decided to get the matter thoroughly
investigated," a senior CVC official said.
According to the official, the matter is now being looked
into by the Chief Vigilance Officer of the Civil Aviation
As per norms, non-profit organisations are given
concession on payment of fee to the government.
"Prima facie, it appears that there have been
irregularities and a probe was needed. As per the complaint,
there appeared to be a loss of about Rs 190 crore to the
government," the official said.
Sources in the anti-corruption watchdog said that the
investigation in the matter will be done by CVO of the Civil
Aviation Ministry and a report will be submitted within 30
days to the Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3