CVC proposes intl task force to check corruption
New Delhi: In an ambitious move, the Central Vigilance Commission has proposed to lead a global task force to promote international cooperation in enforcement and prevention of corruption offences.
The proposal was discussed during the recent executive committee meeting of the International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (IAACA) in Tanzania which was attended by chiefs of anti-corruption watchdogs from various nations including Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar.
In a presentation, Kumar said the objectives of the proposed task force would be to facilitate exchange of information about the anti-corruption organisations, systems, procedures, practices, and experiences among anti corruption authorities and other stakeholders.
He said it would promote international cooperation in enforcement and prevention, define best practices and develop benchmarks and new approaches to tackle corruption in its various manifestations and) assist in the capacity building of anti-corruption authorities (ACAs).
The proposed body also aims at encouraging continuous cooperation between ACAs on issues of mutual concern, promoting best practice studies, research and data analysis consistent with diversity and sovereignty considerations, facilitating sharing of key practices and lessons learnt from individual members or regions and facilitating timely communication among IAACA members.
During the meeting held between March 30 - April 1, Kumar highlighted several initiatives being taken by some of the countries and international organisation and suggested that the task force needs to explore ways of achieving suitable coordination and integration between such efforts to avoid duplication.
The CVC suggested that a 10-member body be decided on an open voluntary basis with a balanced representation of the diverse systems and regional settings and urged the IAACA to finalise the constitution of the task force by April 30.
The Central Vigilance Commission has agreed to provide the infrastructure, secretarial assistance and other facilities to support the activity besides funding the knowledge management activity.
"Setting up of the Knowledge Management System is proposed to be completed in 12 months from the date of approval of this proposal by the Executive Committee. This includes about one month for the constitution of the task force," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt