CVC recovers Rs 60 cr after technical examination
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has recovered Rs 60 crore after technical examination of works conducted by government departments during August.
The Chief Technical Examination wing of the Commission made a recovery of Rs 60.17 crore after finding alleged irregularities in public procurement and other works carried out by two government departments, the probity watchdog said in its report for August without mentioning the name of the departments.
The CVC has recovered over Rs 96 crore between January and August.
Besides, it has recommended major penalty against 88 government officials for their alleged involvement in corruption. Of these, nine were working in United Bank of India, seven each in Syndicate Bank, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Railways and six each in Department of Culture and Department of Telecommunications among others.
Four employees each working in Canara Bank, Department of Coal, Central Board of Excise and Customs, three each working in Department of Posts, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Western Coalfields Ltd and two each in BSNL, SBI and Central Board of Direct Taxes were also imposed major penalty for alleged graft, it said.
The Commission processed 2,250 complaints (including 80 whistle blowers) during the month and sought investigation or factual report in 69 complaints from the ministries, departments or organisations concerned.
"On the advice of the Commission, the Competent Authorities imposed major penalties in respect of 71 officials of various ministries, departments and organisations, which include a Deputy General Manager from Department of Telecommunications, a Scientist-E grade of Bureau of Indian Standards and an Executive Engineer from Municipal Corporation of Delhi," the statement said.
The Commission is deeply concerned over continuing delay in filling the post of Chief Vigilance Officers in MMTC Ltd, Steel Authority of India Ltd and Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal