CVC refers coal allotment misuse to CBI
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has referred to CBI the case of alleged irregularities in utilisation of coal blocks by some private companies.
CBI officials, who are tight lipped about the issue, reportedly held a meeting today in which the issue was discussed in detail, sources said.
The meeting, which was chaired by the CBI chief, discussed all aspects of the reference received from the vigilance panel and also which branch should handle the probe, they said.
BJP leader Prakash Javdekar has also made a complaint to the Central Vigilance Commission seeking a probe in the alleged irregularities in the utilisation of coal blocks by these companies.
When contacted, Javadekar said "we have made a formal complaint to CVC because there were so may glaring lacunae which needed to be probed. If the inquiry has been ordered, it`s good."
Earlier, it was erroneously reported that the CVC has referred to CBI the allocation of coal blocks to public and private companies for probing the alleged irregularities in coal block allocation process adopted by the Centre and related issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report