CVC refers coal allotment misuse to CBI
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has referred to CBI the case of alleged irregularities in utilisation of coal blocks by some private companies.
CBI officials, who are tight lipped about the issue, reportedly held a meeting today in which the issue was discussed in detail, sources said.
The meeting, which was chaired by the CBI chief, discussed all aspects of the reference received from the vigilance panel and also which branch should handle the probe, they said.
BJP leader Prakash Javdekar has also made a complaint to the Central Vigilance Commission seeking a probe in the alleged irregularities in the utilisation of coal blocks by these companies.
When contacted, Javadekar said "we have made a formal complaint to CVC because there were so may glaring lacunae which needed to be probed. If the inquiry has been ordered, it`s good."
Earlier, it was erroneously reported that the CVC has referred to CBI the allocation of coal blocks to public and private companies for probing the alleged irregularities in coal block allocation process adopted by the Centre and related issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman