CVC refers coal allotment misuse to CBI
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission has referred to CBI the case of alleged irregularities in utilisation of coal blocks by some private companies.
CBI officials, who are tight lipped about the issue, reportedly held a meeting today in which the issue was discussed in detail, sources said.
The meeting, which was chaired by the CBI chief, discussed all aspects of the reference received from the vigilance panel and also which branch should handle the probe, they said.
BJP leader Prakash Javdekar has also made a complaint to the Central Vigilance Commission seeking a probe in the alleged irregularities in the utilisation of coal blocks by these companies.
When contacted, Javadekar said "we have made a formal complaint to CVC because there were so may glaring lacunae which needed to be probed. If the inquiry has been ordered, it`s good."
Earlier, it was erroneously reported that the CVC has referred to CBI the allocation of coal blocks to public and private companies for probing the alleged irregularities in coal block allocation process adopted by the Centre and related issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- WATCH: James Faulkner's BRILLIANT hat-trick vs Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media