CVC seeks report from MCD on 30 graft complaints
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance
Commission has directed the Municipal Corporation of Delhi to
investigate and report its findings on a total of 30
complaints of alleged corruption.
Besides, it has imposed major penalty against 138
officials of several Central government departments and public
sector banks for their alleged involvement in corrupt
According to its performance report for November, the
anti-corruption watchdog said that out of the 226 signed
complaints it received, a highest of 30 were against MCD
officials, followed by 22 against Bharat Sanchar Nigam
Limited, 15 each against Delhi Police and Government of
National Capital Territory of Delhi and 13 against Delhi
Development Authority officials among others.
In addition, the Commission has received 34 anonymous
complaints against five officials of MCD, three of DDA and two
each officials of Department of Financial Services, Government
of NCT of Delhi, Ministry of Urban Development, National
Insurance Company Limited and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
Limited among others.
The probity watchdog has directed its Chief Vigilance
Officers (CVOs) of all concerned departments to investigate
and report their findings on these complaints related to
The CVC also imposed major penalty on 138 officers,
including a highest of 39 from Central Board of Excise and
Customs (CBEC), 15 from Ministry of Railways, 12 each from
Ministry of Urban Development and MCD, 11 from Department of
Telecommunications and seven from State Bank of Bikaner and
Jaipur, the report said.
The Chief Technical Examination Wing of the Commission
has also made recoveries of over Rs 1.31 crore after
inspecting procurements process and works being carried out by
as many as four organisations during the month, it said.
The Commission has received 1,836 corruption-related
complaints including 48 from whistleblowers. The complaints
were forwarded for necessary action to concerned vigilance
officers of the government departments.
"The Commission is deeply concerned over continuing
delays in filling the post of CVOs in several key
organisations like Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
(PGCIL), Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) and National
Aluminium Corporation (NALCO). The government is being
regularly reminded," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg