CVC sets up anti-corruption help line
New Delhi: In order to boost its effort to check corruption in government offices, the Central Vigilance Commission has set up an `anti-bribery help line`.
According to a CVC official, the service will help complainants to resolve their problems related to unnecessary lingering of work in a concerned department due to the demand
of "undue favours" or "gratification" by public servants.
Giving details of the innovative approach, the official said, "an aggrieved caller can call the helpline number and complain about the harassment or unjustice being faced by him or her. He can directly be connected to the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of the concerned department.
"The CVO would take all the details from the caller and check whether his problem is genuine or not. Accordingly necessary action will be taken," he said.
The primary aim behind setting up such a call centre is to help people in getting their work done without unnecessary hassles besides checking corruption, the official
"People can file complaints related to bribery and other problems being faced by them in all the Central Government run ministries and departments like Municipal
Corporation of Delhi (MCD), New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) and Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and public sector units among others," he said.
Complaints related to Delhi Government or its department will not be resolved through the help line or by the Commission since it do not come into its mandate.
Aggrieved callers can call on the toll free number 1800-11-0180 and on 011-24651000.
"Initially the helpline will be operational from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 7 pm," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?