CVC sets up anti-corruption help line
New Delhi: In order to boost its effort to check corruption in government offices, the Central Vigilance Commission has set up an `anti-bribery help line`.
According to a CVC official, the service will help complainants to resolve their problems related to unnecessary lingering of work in a concerned department due to the demand
of "undue favours" or "gratification" by public servants.
Giving details of the innovative approach, the official said, "an aggrieved caller can call the helpline number and complain about the harassment or unjustice being faced by him or her. He can directly be connected to the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of the concerned department.
"The CVO would take all the details from the caller and check whether his problem is genuine or not. Accordingly necessary action will be taken," he said.
The primary aim behind setting up such a call centre is to help people in getting their work done without unnecessary hassles besides checking corruption, the official
"People can file complaints related to bribery and other problems being faced by them in all the Central Government run ministries and departments like Municipal
Corporation of Delhi (MCD), New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) and Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and public sector units among others," he said.
Complaints related to Delhi Government or its department will not be resolved through the help line or by the Commission since it do not come into its mandate.
Aggrieved callers can call on the toll free number 1800-11-0180 and on 011-24651000.
"Initially the helpline will be operational from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 7 pm," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...