CVC to fast track CWG probe
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
has decided to speed up and complete its probe by December-end into alleged irregularities in the multi crore Commonwealth Games-related works.
Sources said that the decision in this regard was taken
recently and a directive has been issued to a Special Cell of
the Commission entrusted exclusively with the Games-related
This follows complaints by the Special Investigation Team
(SIT) of non-cooperation from certain departments.
"The Commission will complete its investigations by this year-end," a senior CVC official said.
He said the probity watchdog has decided to convene
regular review meeting with CBI and other agencies to closely
monitor the progress in the probe.
Sources said that Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar has expressed unhappiness over the slow progress on CWG
related probe and asked his officials to fast track it.
The Special Cell was formed early this year after a
sudden surge in corruption complaints against government
officials in executing the projects related to the mega
sporting event held here between October 3-14, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Tusshar Kapoor is now proud father to a baby boy! No, we aren’t kidding
- French Finance Min: France, Germany agree Britain should start process to leave EU quickly
- Syria attack so far leaves 25 children dead: UNICEF
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone