CVC to fast track CWG probe
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission
has decided to speed up and complete its probe by December-end into alleged irregularities in the multi crore Commonwealth Games-related works.
Sources said that the decision in this regard was taken
recently and a directive has been issued to a Special Cell of
the Commission entrusted exclusively with the Games-related
This follows complaints by the Special Investigation Team
(SIT) of non-cooperation from certain departments.
"The Commission will complete its investigations by this year-end," a senior CVC official said.
He said the probity watchdog has decided to convene
regular review meeting with CBI and other agencies to closely
monitor the progress in the probe.
Sources said that Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar has expressed unhappiness over the slow progress on CWG
related probe and asked his officials to fast track it.
The Special Cell was formed early this year after a
sudden surge in corruption complaints against government
officials in executing the projects related to the mega
sporting event held here between October 3-14, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad