CVC to give postings related vigilance clearance `online`
New Delhi: In a first, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has decided to give vigilance clearance to senior government officials for their empanelment or promotion through an online system.
Officials said the move was aimed at reducing time limit from present about three months to less than 30 days.
"We have finalised an online system which will give vigilance clearance on real time basis. A government officer, whose case for vigilance clearance is being considered by the Commission, will be able to see status of the case through this system," a senior CVC official said, adding that the system will be implemented soon.
The anti-corruption watchdog on an average deals with at least over 300 cases monthly pertaining to vigilance clearance of officials of all India services -- Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFoS), central services officers and board level appointments in central public sector enterprises (CPSEs).
The online system will help the Commission in reducing the quantum of work and will do away with bureaucratic delays that take place through manual routing of files.
The Commission accorded 345 vigilance clearances for board level appointments in CPSEs in 2012. In addition, 2,335 vigilance clearances were also granted by the Commission to senior government officials for various purposes (like empanelment, appointment to statutory bodies, appointment to tribunals etc) last year.
The proposed system is part of new transparency initiatives being undertaken by the CVC to improve governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened