CVC to launch 24 hrs anti-bribery helpline
New Delhi: Harassed by corrupt babus
demanding bribe or delaying work?
Aggrieved persons will soon be able to seek help through a
24X7 toll free number, 1964, to be made functional by the
Central Vigilance Commission.
According to country`s anti-corruption watchdog officials,
the number will act as a one-stop solution for all complaints
related to corruption.
"The anti-bribery help line will assist complainants in
their problems related to unnecessary lingering of
work in a concerned government department due to demand of
undue favours or gratification by public servants," a CVC
He said a full-fledged call centre will also be set up to
provide services round the clock.
"People will be able to register complaints related to
bribery being faced by them in all the central government
ministries, departments and public sector units, among
others," the official said.
However, complaints related to Delhi Government or its
departments will not be resolved through the proposed help
lineor by the Commission since it does not come under its
The number, 1964, assumes significance as the the Central
Vigilance Commission was set up in February 1964 by the
"We have worked out the technical modalities with the
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL). There are few things
needed to be worked out with other stake holders. We plan to
start it within two-months time," the official said.
Presently, the CVC has a toll free number 1800-11-0180
and 011-24651000 which is operational between 9 AM and 7 PM
from Monday to Friday.
"The 1964 will be working seven days and there will be no
such time limitation to register complaints," the official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks