CVC to seek response from CBI on missing coal scam files
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) will seek response from CBI on the issue of missing files related to multi-crore coal blocks allocation scam being probed by the investigating agency.
The Commission will ask the CBI to give details on the issue of missing files related to the coal scam and also on whether or not it was hampering or going to hamper its investigation, official sources said.
They said the CVC may also seek details from Ministry of Coal on the matter.
The CVC, which exercises superintendence over CBI to oversee corruption cases probe, had in May last year asked the the agency to look into matter of coal blocks allocated to private companies between 2006 and 2009. The CBI is looking into the allocation of coal mines post-1993 to ascertain any wrongdoing during the NDA regime.
The CBI has registered three preliminary inquiry and 13 FIRs so far in the case.
The move came up after Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal on August 17 had said that some files related to coal block allocations were missing.
Following Jaiswal`s remarks, BJP has targeted the government and paralysed Parliament over the issue and demanded a statement by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The Coal Ministry had then hurriedly formed a committee to look into the matter.
Bowing down to the demands of an agitated and dissatisfied opposition, the Coal Minister had on Friday made a detailed statement in Rajya Sabha over the issue and said that "it would be wrong to classify any file or document as missing at this stage when an inter-ministerial committee is actively engaged in locating these papers".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings