CWC meeting to condole Khandu`s death
New Delhi: A meeting of the Congress Working
Committee (CWC) is being held here on Thursday to condole the death
of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu.
Party sources said that the meeting, the second of the
newly-reconstituted working committee, would start at 1200
The first meeting of the new committee was held on March
5, a day after its reconstitution, to condole the death of
party veteran Arjun Singh.
Khandu went missing on Saturday on a flight from Tawang
along with four others. Their bodies and the wreckage of their
helicopter which crashed in bad weather were located yesterday
after a five-day search.
This is the second death of a Chief Minister in similar
circumstances in two years after the death of Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy in a helicopter crash in
Nallamalla ranges in the state in September 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof