CWC meeting to condole Khandu`s death
New Delhi: A meeting of the Congress Working
Committee (CWC) is being held here on Thursday to condole the death
of Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu.
Party sources said that the meeting, the second of the
newly-reconstituted working committee, would start at 1200
The first meeting of the new committee was held on March
5, a day after its reconstitution, to condole the death of
party veteran Arjun Singh.
Khandu went missing on Saturday on a flight from Tawang
along with four others. Their bodies and the wreckage of their
helicopter which crashed in bad weather were located yesterday
after a five-day search.
This is the second death of a Chief Minister in similar
circumstances in two years after the death of Andhra Pradesh
Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy in a helicopter crash in
Nallamalla ranges in the state in September 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional