CWC to meet on Aug 19 to discuss price rise
New Delhi: Concerned over drought in many
parts of the country and resultant price rise, the Congress
Working Committee will meet here on August 19 to deliberate
ways and means to deal with the situation.
"Congress Working Committee is meeting here on August 19
and the agenda is the drought situation", AICC general
secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
The meeting is taking place at a time when the party has
expressed concern over price rise and asked the government to
take concrete steps to make available essential commodities.
Only last week, the party top brass, including Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and party chief Sonia Gandhi had
deliberated on the issue at a meeting of the Congress Core
With Assembly Elections in four states -- Maharashtra,
Haryana, Jharkhand and Arunachal Pradesh -- expected soon,
Congress is worried over the electoral impact of price spiral.
The Prime Minister had asked the Centre and states not to
hesitate in taking strong measures against hoarders and
blackmarketeers to check prices of essential commodities in
the wake of delayed and deficient monsoon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis