CWC to meet on Aug 19 to discuss price rise
New Delhi: Concerned over drought in many
parts of the country and resultant price rise, the Congress
Working Committee will meet here on August 19 to deliberate
ways and means to deal with the situation.
"Congress Working Committee is meeting here on August 19
and the agenda is the drought situation", AICC general
secretary Janardhan Dwivedi said.
The meeting is taking place at a time when the party has
expressed concern over price rise and asked the government to
take concrete steps to make available essential commodities.
Only last week, the party top brass, including Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and party chief Sonia Gandhi had
deliberated on the issue at a meeting of the Congress Core
With Assembly Elections in four states -- Maharashtra,
Haryana, Jharkhand and Arunachal Pradesh -- expected soon,
Congress is worried over the electoral impact of price spiral.
The Prime Minister had asked the Centre and states not to
hesitate in taking strong measures against hoarders and
blackmarketeers to check prices of essential commodities in
the wake of delayed and deficient monsoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi