CWG: 3 Union ministers wrote to PM, says Maken
New Delhi: Three Sports Ministers had written
to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on various issues including
lack of cooperation from the CWG Organising Committee and lack
of accountable mechanism in it for spending government money,
the Rajya Sabha was told on Thursday.
"The Union Ministers had written on issues ranging from
cheaper alternatives for conducting the Games, the need for
supporting rural sports, lack of cooperation from the
Organisation Committee, the difference between initial cost
projections and revised estimates of the OC and the lack of
accountable mechanism in the OC for spending government
money," Sports Minister Ajay Maken said in a written reply.
He said the ministers also made suggestions regarding the
organisational structure of the Organising Committee.
Maken was asked whether three union ministers, who held
charges since 2004, had repeatedly warned the Prime Minister
against the structure and working of Commonwealth Games
Organising Committee and its chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing