CWG: 3 Union ministers wrote to PM, says Maken
New Delhi: Three Sports Ministers had written
to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on various issues including
lack of cooperation from the CWG Organising Committee and lack
of accountable mechanism in it for spending government money,
the Rajya Sabha was told on Thursday.
"The Union Ministers had written on issues ranging from
cheaper alternatives for conducting the Games, the need for
supporting rural sports, lack of cooperation from the
Organisation Committee, the difference between initial cost
projections and revised estimates of the OC and the lack of
accountable mechanism in the OC for spending government
money," Sports Minister Ajay Maken said in a written reply.
He said the ministers also made suggestions regarding the
organisational structure of the Organising Committee.
Maken was asked whether three union ministers, who held
charges since 2004, had repeatedly warned the Prime Minister
against the structure and working of Commonwealth Games
Organising Committee and its chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says