CWG: 33 days left, Delhi Govt reviews preparations
New Delhi: Racing against time to complete
unfinished projects for the Commonwealth Games, Delhi
Government today reviewed the overall preparation of the city
for the sporting event beginning October 3.
The cabinet, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, took stock of progress of work of all the unfinished
projects including status of Barapullah Nallah elevated road
which will link the Games Village with Jawaharlal Nehru
stadium, the main venue of the event.
With just 33 days left for the sporting event -- the
biggest to be held in India -- and many key infrastructure
projects yet to be finished, a concerned Dikshit also asked
all her ministerial colleagues to monitor the preparations
Later, a senior official said all major construction
activities on Barapullah Nallah elevated road will be
completed by tomorrow.
He said as the elevated road will not be opened for
general traffic until the event is over, the construction
agency has adequate time to give finishing touches.
The official added that the Ring Road bypass project is
likely to be completed by September 12.
Although Dikshit had set August 31 as deadline for
completion of all Games projects, last week she refused to
spell any further time frame.
She said incessant rains for the last two weeks hampered
the works, and added that everything will be completed before
commencement of the event.
Delhi Government had undertaken 34 major projects to
enhance the city`s infrastructure ahead of the Commonwealth
Games, out of which around 13 are yet to finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt