CWG: 33 days left, Delhi Govt reviews preparations
New Delhi: Racing against time to complete
unfinished projects for the Commonwealth Games, Delhi
Government today reviewed the overall preparation of the city
for the sporting event beginning October 3.
The cabinet, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, took stock of progress of work of all the unfinished
projects including status of Barapullah Nallah elevated road
which will link the Games Village with Jawaharlal Nehru
stadium, the main venue of the event.
With just 33 days left for the sporting event -- the
biggest to be held in India -- and many key infrastructure
projects yet to be finished, a concerned Dikshit also asked
all her ministerial colleagues to monitor the preparations
Later, a senior official said all major construction
activities on Barapullah Nallah elevated road will be
completed by tomorrow.
He said as the elevated road will not be opened for
general traffic until the event is over, the construction
agency has adequate time to give finishing touches.
The official added that the Ring Road bypass project is
likely to be completed by September 12.
Although Dikshit had set August 31 as deadline for
completion of all Games projects, last week she refused to
spell any further time frame.
She said incessant rains for the last two weeks hampered
the works, and added that everything will be completed before
commencement of the event.
Delhi Government had undertaken 34 major projects to
enhance the city`s infrastructure ahead of the Commonwealth
Games, out of which around 13 are yet to finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender