CWG Baton to attend Haridwar Ganga aarti
Haridwar: The Commonwealth Games Queen`s
Baton Relay (QBR) would take part in the morning aarti
(prayers) at the banks of river Ganga here on Jul 7, official
sources said today.
The QBR would reach Har-Ki-Pauri, the main bathing ghat
of the town, where it would be received by district officials
and local MLA Madan Kaushik, who is also the state Tourism
Minister, said R Meenakshi Sundaram, District Magistrate of
The district administration is making elaborate
arrangements for QBR`s arrival on Jul 7, he said.
After taking part in the morning prayers, the baton would
be brought to Birla ghat by raft from where it would be
accompanied by prominent personalities of the holy town
besides 19 players of national level, Sundaram said.
Later, it would be taken in an open jeep to SiDCUL area
where the factory of Hero Honda, the official sponsor of the
Commonwealth Games, is located, he added.
Haridwar Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Sanjay
Gunjyal said an official of SP level has been appointed to
make security arrangements for QBR.
The QBR was launched by Queen Elizabeth II at London in
October last year in the presence of President Pratibha Patil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra