CWG: BJP demands prosecution of guilty Prasar Bharti officials
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday demanded early
prosecution of Prasar Bharti officials found guilty by the
Shunglu Committee of allegedly causing a loss of several crore
rupees in awarding Commonwealth Games broadcasting rights.
"Now prosecution should be sanctioned against the
officers whose names have appeared. It has been proved that
loot has taken place in the organising, infrastructure and
telecast dealings," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told
He alleged that it was the "speciality of the UPA
government to sanction higher bills to make money."
Questioning the delay in prosecuting the officials, he
demanded immediate filing of the FIR against the accused.
The Committee had yesterday submitted an interim
report on alleged irregularities in awarding broadcasting
rights during Commonwealth Games to the PMO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly