CWG: GoM to examine Shunglu Committee findings
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has constituted a ministerial panel, headed by Defence Minister AK Antony, to examine the findings of the Shunglu Committee that probed alleged irregularities in conduct of the Commonwealth Games here last year.
The Group of Ministers, set up last week, has been asked to consider the responses of the Union Ministries, the Delhi government and its various agencies to the findings of the high-level committee headed by former Comptroller and Auditor
General VK Shunglu.
The Shunglu Committee has so far submitted six reports on the Commonwealth Games to the government.
The GoM has been asked to recommend the course of action on each of the recommendations of the committee, which would include disciplinary, criminal and civil action against persons/agencies/contractors indicated in the reports.
The ministerial panel has also been asked to recommend
policies and guidelines for future conduct of similar events.
The Prime Minister had on October 25 last year appointed the Shunglu committee to investigate all alleged irregularities in executing various projects by several
government agencies during the Games held between October 3-14 last year.
By mid-July, the PMO had received a number of documents as ministers` defense against findings of the Shunglu Committee.
Delhi government and Central Public Works department had gone public to reject the Shunglu panel findings saying the conclusions were not based on facts.
Besides Antony, the GoM has HRD Minister Kapil Sibal, Law Minister Salman Khurshid and Commerce Minister Anand Sharma as members. Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy is a special invitee. The GoM has been asked to submit its report in three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video