CWG scam: BJP seeks probe on PMO role
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday accused certain
officials in the Prime minister`s Office of pushing
Commonwealth Games budget despite warnings from former Sports
"The role of certain officials in the PMO should also be
probed, as they helped increasing the Commonwealth budget
despite warnings by former Sports ministers. The BJP wants a
probe into the matter," BJP spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain said.
Hussain also disagreed with the Prime minister`s
observation made today that his "ministers had ideological
differences with each other over the Commonwealth Games".
The BJP leader said "there was no ideological difference
among the ministers. They were warning the PM on the loot in
the name of Commonwealth Games."
"The former sports ministers had differences over the
holding of Commonwealth Games and were warning him about the
big loot in the name of Commonwealth Games. Despite such
warnings and after ignoring them, the budget for Commonwealth
Games was increased instead".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj
- Raghuram Rajan's reappointment as RBI Governor should not be of media's interest: PM Modi
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan