CWG scam: CBI set to grill Suresh Kalmadi again
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is likely to question former Indian Olympic Committee chairman (IOC) Suresh Kalmadi in connection with alleged irregularities in Rs 70-crore contract given to a firm Event Knowledge Systems (EKS) for the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
According to reports, the central probe agency had registered the case against Kalmadi and other senior officials of the Organising Committee of CWG last year.
As per reports, Kalmadi is likely to be called this week in connection with the probe.
The sources said the Mauritius-based company EKS was allegedly given three contracts worth over Rs 70 crore by the committee for giving consultancy on issues like venue development and management, games workforce planning and project management services.
The contract has come under criticism from the Prime Minister-appointed Shunglu Committee which had said the entire contract was a "mockery" of Quality Based Selection.
Kalmadi is already facing a number of cases relating to alleged corruption during the conduct of Commonwealth Games which are under the probe of the agency.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway