CWG scam: Court fines two absconding accused
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday imposed a
fine of Rs 10,000 on two accused in the Commonwealth Games TSR
scam who have been absconding since the lodging of the case
against them while dismissing their petitions to reject CBI`s
plea to attach their properties.
Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh rejected their pleas
against attachment of their properties and imposed a fine of
Rs 10,000 on them.
Promoters of Faridabad-based Gem International
Purshotam Dev Arya and Anil Madan had moved a petition against
the court`s order yesterday directing CBI to attach their
properties since they had failed to appear in the court
despite being declared proclaimed offenders.
Arya and Madan said in their petition that "their
counsel had the power of attorney and full instructions to
proceed with the matter and their absence was in no way
retarding the progress of the case."
The court had yesterday directed CBI to submit a
detailed list of movable and immovable properties of Arya,
Madan and another co-accused AKR Construction promoter A K
Dev and Arya are the promoters of Gem International, a
sub-contractor of Swiss Timing. The duo has further sub-let
the TSR contract to Hyderabad-based AKR Construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'