CWG scam: Court fines two absconding accused
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday imposed a
fine of Rs 10,000 on two accused in the Commonwealth Games TSR
scam who have been absconding since the lodging of the case
against them while dismissing their petitions to reject CBI`s
plea to attach their properties.
Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh rejected their pleas
against attachment of their properties and imposed a fine of
Rs 10,000 on them.
Promoters of Faridabad-based Gem International
Purshotam Dev Arya and Anil Madan had moved a petition against
the court`s order yesterday directing CBI to attach their
properties since they had failed to appear in the court
despite being declared proclaimed offenders.
Arya and Madan said in their petition that "their
counsel had the power of attorney and full instructions to
proceed with the matter and their absence was in no way
retarding the progress of the case."
The court had yesterday directed CBI to submit a
detailed list of movable and immovable properties of Arya,
Madan and another co-accused AKR Construction promoter A K
Dev and Arya are the promoters of Gem International, a
sub-contractor of Swiss Timing. The duo has further sub-let
the TSR contract to Hyderabad-based AKR Construction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla