CWG scam: Court issues notice to CBI on Kalmadi
New Delhi: The CBI was asked Wednesday by a
Delhi court to respond to sacked Commonwealth Games committee chief Suresh Kalmadi`s plea to clarify if the agency`s probe into a games-related contract, in which he has been arrested, is complete or not.
Kalmadi`s plea to Special Judge Talwant Singh sought the
court`s direction to the CBI to "clarify if the continuing
further probe to unearth a larger conspiracy, to identify the
money trail and additional facts, is over or not."
"Issue notice to the CBI for filing reply and arguments
on October 29," the judge said, in its order for CBI`s reply
to Kalmadi`s plea to apprise the court of the probe status.
Kalmadi also sought the court`s direction to CBI to
produce its case diaries before it "for verification of the stage of investigation."
"It is imperative for further progress of the case that
the CBI should clarify as to whether further investigation to
unearth the larger conspiracy to identify the money trail and
for additional facts is still continuing.
"This court may call for case diaries and peruse the same
to satisfy itself regarding the status of such investigation,"
the application said.
It also said the CBI, despite probing the same FIR
against same accused for last five months, has filed no
supplementary charge sheet till date.
CBI, meanwhile, filed its reply to the plea by co-accused
P D Arya and A K Madan, promoters of Faridabad-based firm Gem
International, who had sought clarification on the status of
the pending probe in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened