CWG scam: Court issues notice to CBI on Kalmadi
New Delhi: The CBI was asked Wednesday by a
Delhi court to respond to sacked Commonwealth Games committee chief Suresh Kalmadi`s plea to clarify if the agency`s probe into a games-related contract, in which he has been arrested, is complete or not.
Kalmadi`s plea to Special Judge Talwant Singh sought the
court`s direction to the CBI to "clarify if the continuing
further probe to unearth a larger conspiracy, to identify the
money trail and additional facts, is over or not."
"Issue notice to the CBI for filing reply and arguments
on October 29," the judge said, in its order for CBI`s reply
to Kalmadi`s plea to apprise the court of the probe status.
Kalmadi also sought the court`s direction to CBI to
produce its case diaries before it "for verification of the stage of investigation."
"It is imperative for further progress of the case that
the CBI should clarify as to whether further investigation to
unearth the larger conspiracy to identify the money trail and
for additional facts is still continuing.
"This court may call for case diaries and peruse the same
to satisfy itself regarding the status of such investigation,"
the application said.
It also said the CBI, despite probing the same FIR
against same accused for last five months, has filed no
supplementary charge sheet till date.
CBI, meanwhile, filed its reply to the plea by co-accused
P D Arya and A K Madan, promoters of Faridabad-based firm Gem
International, who had sought clarification on the status of
the pending probe in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore