CWG scam: CVC to give fresh cases of corruption to CBI
New Delhi: The CVC will give some more fresh
cases to CBI to probe alleged criminal conspiracy and graft by
certain government employees in carrying out Commonwealth
Sources in the anti-corruption watchdog said large-scale
financial and administrative irregularities have been found in
about seven cases carried out by certain government agencies
"We have found irregularities in inviting tender for
works and giving undue favours to the selected vendors.
Besides, there has been documentary evidence showing
involvement of employees and owners of private firms who
carried out the works," a senior CVC official said.
The matter was discussed in a review meeting of the
Commission with CBI officials last week.
"CBI has taken all relevant documents and Commission`s
findings on the matter. They will register preliminary
enquiries after due investigation," he said.
The CVC is investigating at least 71 projects worth
several crores executed by civic and construction agencies in
the run up to the mega sporting event held here between
October 3-14 last year.
Sacked OC chief Suresh Kalmadi and secretary general
Lalit Bhanot among others are lodged in Tihar Jail for their
alleged involvement in various irregularities.
"We have received a number of complaints alleging
involvement of former and present functionaries in recruiting
various employees without proper background and qualification
in the Organising Committee. The complaints are being examined
and will be handed over to CBI," the CVC official said.
CBI has registered 15 FIRs for alleged bungling and
criminal conspiracy and named OC, Central and Delhi government
officials and private persons for the wrong doings.
Besides other investigating and enforcement agencies
including CBI, ED and the Income Tax department are also
looking into various violation in implementing the Games-
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says