CWG scam: Sudhanshu Mittal questioned by CBI again
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation on Friday questioned BJP leader Sudhanshu Mittal in connection with the commonwealth Games scam.
This was the second time that Mittal was questioned by the premier investigating agency in last three days. Mittal was put through rigorous interrogation for close to nine hours today, reports claimed.
Mittal is under the scanner in connection with the alleged irregularities in overlays supplies for the Commonwealth Games held in Delhi last year.
CBI had registered a case in overlays scam on January six this year booking Organising Committee official V K Verma in the alleged irregularities in Rs 600 crore contracts.
Mittal was questioned on his association with Deepali Designs and Exhibits which got overlays contract worth Rs 230 crore and is under the scanner. The premises of the company was searched by the agency in January this year.
In the overlays scam, CBI had arrested former Deputy Director General of Organising Committee for Commonwealth Games V K Verma and four others including former Additional Director General of CWG Organising Committee K U K Reddy and supplier Praveen Bakshi, a close aide of former OC Chairman Suresh Kalmadi, Deorukhkar Shekhar and Director GL Events and Meroform India Binu Nanu.
CBI has alleged top officials of the Organising Committee had entered into a criminal conspiracy with officials of private companies in award of contracts for overlays for different venues of CWG-2010 at exorbitant rates.
Overlays works included supply of tents, marquees, prefabricated units, portable toilets, containers, security fences, furniture, public display LED boards and other such facilities.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference