`Cyber crime increasing in India at fast clip`
Mumbai: The Union Home Ministry would like
to work with the National Association of Software and Services
Companies (NASSCOM) in the area of cyber crime, which is
growing very fast, Home Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday said
He gave away NASSCOM Global Leadership Awards at a
function here this evening.
"In 2009, there were 2,866 reported incidents of cyber
crime in India. The US-based Internet Crime Control Centre has
said that India ranks fifth in number of cyber crimes. Every
year cyber crime in India is going up at the rate of 50 per
cent. Over the last five years, around 9,000 Indian websites
were hacked," Chidambaram said.
NASSCOM and Data Security Council of India (DSCI) had
prepared a detailed project report to set up cyber forensic
labs across the country, he said.
"The idea is to set up cyber crime police stations and
cyber forensic labs all over the country. We would also like
to set up a national research centre for cyber forensics in
the country, for which we would like to work together with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly