Cyber-security to be focus of India, US police conference
New Delhi: Cyber-security and use of forensic sciences to determine accuracy of criminal investigations will be the focus of the India-US police chiefs conference to be held here from Dec 4.
The conference, which will be attended by a US delegation consisting of police chiefs from major cities and their technology partners would be inaugurated by Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
The Indian delegation will include Indian state police forces, paramilitary forces, technology partners and other law enforcement agencies.
The conference aims to open the floor for technology partners of both countries to evolve an institutionalised mechanism so as to work incessantly on sustainable technology upgradation for perceptible reduction in crime, an official release said here Monday.
Cyber-security and use of forensic sciences to determine accuracy of criminal investigation will remain the focal point of the conference.
During the two-day event, both sides will make presentations on response to mass casualty events, maritime security and law enforcement.
Surveillance and command control in urban policing, security and law enforcement in mass transit system would also be discussed in the conference.
The participants will deliberate on the key areas of internal security and explore future perspective of collaboration for building strategic alliances through the use of effective techniques for professional excellence of the police forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends