Cyberspace abuzz with Narendra Modi speech
New Delhi: A war of words broke out in the cyberspace over Narendra Modi`s hour-long interaction organised by the FICCI Ladies Organisation with his speech dissected in great detail by sympathisers and opponents.
Trending in Twitter showed maximum responses at # Feku, a hashtag created by a pro-Congress group on a day Modi talked about his association with social media like Facebook and Twitter.
`Modi Storms FICCI` was third in the priority list of Trends at the Twitter, a cause of some cheer for the pro-Congress groups and individuals active on social media.
However, not to be left behind, the pro-Modi and pro-BJP netizens quickly latched on to # Feku posting comments mocking Rahul Gandhi.
An avid twitterati Kartik Dayanand had a piece of advice " Lesson for Social Media teams, never create generic hashtags, now see what happened... #Feku has been hijacked by NaMo`s team."
SanghParivar.Org posted "#FeKu`s list of achievements till date: http://RahulGandhiAchievements.Com | a BLANK page".
Pawan Khera, who is Political Secretary to Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit, sought to debunk Modi`s claims in his various tweets at the # Feku.
One of his tweets here said, "Delhi, AP, Chandigarh, Maharashtra, Punjab, UP, Gujarat, Rajasthan among 16 states that have lowered stamp duty for women".
This was an apparent counter to Modi`s remarks that he had given property rights to women in his state and also provided them stamp duty relief.
In a series of tweets, press brief.In, a pro Congress group on social media also hit at out at Modi.
One of its tweets said, "Feku usi din dharashayi ho gaya, jis din FICCI Ladies ko Twitter and Facebook account dikhakar impress kar raha tah (Feku was demolished the same day, he was trying to impress the ladies from FICCI by flaunting his Facebook and Twitter reach).
In another tweet, he said,"#Feku vs #PappuCII: Twitter trolls at war. Cong hits back in Modi`s on-line bastion."
The other #Pappu CII was created after Rahul Gandhi`s speech at the CII.
At #Pappu CII, @kunalmajumder tweeted "another address and another sample of how well organised Modi supporters are on social media. RG camp has much to learn. #feku vs #pappuCII".
Rohan Joshi @mojorojo posted " So it`s #FekuFICCI verss #PappuCII. This Salman Khan`s cricket league is getting out of hand.
Women`s entrepreneurship, empowerment and equality for the fair sex were the themes during Modi`s hour-long interaction organised by the FICCI Ladies Organisation in which a number of entrepreneurs, including FICCI President Naina Lal Kidwai, were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus