Cyclist on runway as Mulayam`s plane lands
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had a narrow escape on Sunday morning when a cyclist suddenly appeared on the runway just as his plane was landing at the Saifai aerodrome in Uttar Pradesh`s Etawah district.
Mulayam Singh, who was on his way from Delhi to Lucknow, had made a brief stopover at Saefai, about 250 km from here. He described the incident as a "serious security lapse", which he attributed to the Mayawati administration.
"It is the Mayawati government, whose sub-divisional magistrate is supposed to take care of the airport safety and security, therefore it is surely an official lapse," Mulayam Singh told reporters in Lucknow.
"I am grateful to god almighty to have saved my life," he added.
The airport was built in the village during Mulayam Singh`s chief ministerial stint and was used essentially by him and his close kin.
A police official in Saifai told a news agency over phone: "The cyclist was someone who had been deputed to shoo away a blue-bull that had strayed close to the runway."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'