Cyclist on runway as Mulayam`s plane lands
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had a narrow escape on Sunday morning when a cyclist suddenly appeared on the runway just as his plane was landing at the Saifai aerodrome in Uttar Pradesh`s Etawah district.
Mulayam Singh, who was on his way from Delhi to Lucknow, had made a brief stopover at Saefai, about 250 km from here. He described the incident as a "serious security lapse", which he attributed to the Mayawati administration.
"It is the Mayawati government, whose sub-divisional magistrate is supposed to take care of the airport safety and security, therefore it is surely an official lapse," Mulayam Singh told reporters in Lucknow.
"I am grateful to god almighty to have saved my life," he added.
The airport was built in the village during Mulayam Singh`s chief ministerial stint and was used essentially by him and his close kin.
A police official in Saifai told a news agency over phone: "The cyclist was someone who had been deputed to shoo away a blue-bull that had strayed close to the runway."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway