Cyclone in making over east-central Bay of Bengal?
Bhubaneswar: A deep depression over east-central Bay of Bengal, which moved westwards and lay centred about 520 km south-east of Paradip in Odisha on Saturday, is likely to take the shape of a cyclonic storm.
The system would intensify further into a cyclonic storm and move slowly west-north westwards by Monday, the meteorological centre here said.
The system is then expected to move west/ west-southwestwards towards South Andhra Pradesh and North Tamil Nadu coasts during next 72 hours, it said.
Under its impact, rain or thunder shower would occur at a few places over coastal Odisha and one or two places over interior Odisha by Monday, sources said.
Distant Cautionary signal number one (DC-I) are kept hoisted at Paradip and Gopalpur ports in view of the system which is likely to cause strong and gusty surface wind speed reaching 45 to 55 Kmph from north-easterly direction off Odisha coast.
Fishermen have been asked not to venture into the sea, the met office said. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head